Thursday 19 April 2007

WJEC, evil evolved

Well, now I finally figured out to use this thing, I might as well start using it


Good day,
Just finished brushing off my English Oral, and as I browsed through its 12 cynical pages I couldn't help but to reflect on how shit our world actually. that's actually the main reason why I started this blog, so I can stop pissing off all my friends with all the cynical shit that pours out of my mouth, as well as eating Swedish Meatballs From Ikea, which I thoroughly recommend.

Anyway, Id just like to get some cynicism off my chest now

The first thing that annoyed me today was the ludicrous layout for a letter. I mean wtf? For those of you who don't actually know there is a correct way to lay out a letter. If I do not master the one true and correct way then I will lose a hell of alot of marks on My English Paper. The wjec sees it as a priority to strip kids heavily of marks for Minute mistakes on the most bizzare layout since Microsoft decided to turn windows 95 into some sort of House, complete with a living room, and swimming pool that the user could only stare out in envy at, sitting in his cold brick house in the middle of Kent.


The first loop that the examiner expects you to jump through is that the address lines must be in slanted form. now this is not just a slight slant, if any of the three lines look any where near "squared line up" then they steal the marks away like food from a small Ethiopian kid, or knocking over a Puzz 3d Tower of Pisa (by the way it doesn't come with all the pieces, if you ever bought one you'll know what I mean) that takes 5 days to build with the instructions the size of a particularly small bacterium. If God had to use instructions that small he'd of said "fuck earth, ill go Perv on the angels changing..."



Any way back to the Letter, after you finish the Address "13 chis wick street" (what the fuck is that?) you, for some reason have the need to place a date in direct en-linement with the first line, or once again you lose marks quicker than change falls out of my pocket, which is Phenomenal.


Next there is need to shove ion the business Address, even though it appears on the envelope, and the reader already has it. Perhaps he needs a reminder where he is? It follows the layout of perfectly straight lines parallel, one above another at exactly the same length or guess what happens? If you cant guess then you are either a great optimist or have little, or more probably no brain at all. Well after they've taxed you on those marks they give you the most drab situation ever, for example,

Your washing machine has broken down, write a letter to the C.E.O of Hotpoint to display your anger

or

Write a letter to Tony Blair ex planing how the Winkle Finch is dying out due to yobs throwing stones at its nest.

Both have as much appeal as castrating yourself with a butter knife.

Once you've moaned about the yobs (and inevitably the asylum Seekers, The war on Iraq and the Turks from Llanelli) you have to sign off with the correct sign off note, Once again if you put in the wrong one Fate pushes you further down and down into the C/D boundary.

And the final trip rope is if you dint PRINT your name underneath you lose more marks again (the jokes on them, there are no more marks left)

All of this for 10 measly marks.

Wjec for you

" only about 30% Get the letter right..." J.P English Teacher and examiner


No wonder.......

Tom

No comments: